Dawn in Puerto Encantado, Higuerote, Venezuela. By Paolo Costa Baldi, CC BY-SA 3.0
The LLC has as few rules as possible, so if we have post a rule there is a good reason for it.
1. No peanuts or peanut products. Please wash your hands if you have been handling anything with peanuts or peanut oil.
2. No talking on cell phones in the LLC. Text, email, surf, but please go outside if you need to make or take a call.
3. Make sure your drinks have secure tops and keep them away from the computers.
The LLC is funded through course fees paid for by students enrolled in language classes. Therefore we only serve students enrolled in courses from our language departments. These departments include Spanish and Portuguese (S&P), Foreign Languages & Literatures (FLL), Africana Studies, Signed Language Interpreting (Sign) and the Center for English Language & American Culture (CELAC). All language students have access to the LLC and its resources (regardless of whether their courses have a course fee attached). However, if you as an instructor want to teach in the LLC or use its resources, you must:
1. Be an instructor in one of the language departments, and
2. Have a fee attached to your course.
All S&P classes have a course fee attached (except fully online classes), so all S&P instructors have full access to the LLC. For FLL only certain courses have a fee attached. To determine if your FLL course has a course fee attached to it, check your class on the Class Schedule.
Course fees are relatively inexpensive. Instructors and chairs in the aforementioned language departments may request that a course fee be attached to a course by contacting the Director of the LLC. We will follow up with the necessary permissions and documentation. Permission to attach a course fee is granted by the department Chair, the CAS Dean and the Provost.